5th ANtional ORBEA Simposium - ORBEAs in 2020: adapting to new challenges
The Gulbenkian Institute of Science of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, together with the Portuguese National Network of Animal Welfare Bodies (RedeORBEA), is organizing the 5th National ORBEA Symposium, which will take place on December 16th, 2020. Given the current pandemic context, the meeting will be held virtually
through the Zoom platform. The Symposium will have no cost for participants, however registration is mandatory
- Communication and Transparency on Animal Research in Portugal;
- Animal laboratory response to the current pandemic situation;
- Monitoring of projects and severity.
In addition to these topics, the Directorate-General for Food and Veterinary (DGAV) will present / update information of interest to all who work in this area.
The provisional program can be consulted on this link
We invite members of the Orbea Network to submit intentions for oral communications that fall under the aforementioned themes. In this sense, we ask interested parties
to contact us through the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
, until the next 15th of November
, indicating the theme of the communication and the main points to be addressed.
Examples of what is intended with these oral communications:
- Communication and transparency on animal research in Portugal: holding events at the institution, with the public or the press, dissemination actions, presentation of studies / questionnaires on this topic, etc.
- Response of vivariums in the face of the current pandemic situation: sharing experiences, measures taken, problems faced, etc.
- Monitoring of projects and severity: presentation of the vivarium strategy, sharing experience in the implementation of severity monitoring, use of score-sheets, team building, implementation challenges, etc.
The event will NOT be recorded.
is an informal network that brings together professionals in Animal Welfare Bodies (ORBEA) in establishments where they are bred and used for scientific or educational purposes.
The Gulbenkian Science Institute (IGC) of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
is a scientific research institute dedicated to the areas of biology and biomedicine, its teaching and the transformation of society through science. The values that the IGC aspires and intends to spread to society are scientific excellence, originality, communication, tolerance and cooperation.